[This program is self-funded]
Sophia University has more than 200 partner institutions worldwide and receives exchange students based on the student exchange agreements. Every year, more than 300 exchange students study at Sophia. Participating exchange students pay tuition to their home institution for the period of their stay at Sophia. Exchange students will be responsible for their own room and board and transportation to and from the host institution.
• Application form >>> 02-application-form-spring-2017
• Academic purpose essay
• Passport-size Photo (4 pcs, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Official academic transcript(s) with list of courses you are currently enrolled
• Two Letter of Recommendations from academic advisers >>> 03-recommendation-letter-form-spring-2017
• Copy of passport
• Housing Application Form >>> 05-housing-application-spring-2017
• Certificate of Health >>> 04-certificate-of-health-spring-2017
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1) [*for applicants to programs taught in Japanese]
• Application for Certificate of Eligibility (*online submission)
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Certificate of Recommendation from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Curriculum Vitae
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue register to Sophia University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Sophia University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 28, 2016.