Warm Greetings from Kyushu University, Japan!
Kyushu University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese national university located in Fukuoka, on the island of Kyushu. It was the 4th Imperial Universities in Japan, ranked 4th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Japan University Rankings, and selected as a Top Type university of Top Global University Project by the Japanese government.
Kyushu University accepts students from universities with which we have university-wide exchange agreements (partner universities) via three main programs. For further information, kindly visit https://www.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/intlweb/en/admission/exchangetop.
- Undergraduate Students (S1) & Graduate Students (S2)
- Applicants must have studied at least 1 year in the degree program at their home university
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Required a Japanese language proficiency of Level 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test or the equivalent level (For courses taught in Japanese)
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, Cambridge English: First (FCE) Grade B, CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages): average grade of B2, DAAD Scholarships: Qualified Applicant (B2 or equivalent) *TOEIC or EF-SET(https://www.efset.org/) Certificate is unacceptable.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Research/Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- 2nd recommendation letter (For JTW applicant)
- Essay title “Why JTW?” (For JTW applicant)
- Independent Study Project Proposal (optional) and Advanced Laboratory Research Project Proposal (optional) *JTW applicant must submit
- Copy of diploma (for postgraduate student)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport-sized picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than December 20, 2022.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Kyushu University, and you may proceed to the online application
- The FINAL decision from Kyushu University