Warm greetings from Saitama University, Japan!
Saitama is known for its well-developed industries and cultures, well-balanced urban and natural environment and convenience. The city of Saitama is the place where the Japanese have had a close relationship with foreigners for a long time and respecting and embracing people from other areas.
As the only national university established in Saitama Prefecture, Saitama University’s history begins a century ago. Three renowned Japanese national education universities, Urawa Higher School（est.1921, Saitama Normal School （est.1873）and Saitama Youth Normal School（est. 1922）were integrated into Saitama University in 1949 to cultivate talented minds. The University was established based on the diverse characteristics and the know-how of each institute. These founding principles reflect the diversity, harmony, and progress seen on our campus today. Saitama University has long been established as a respected national university within Japan. As part of its global initiative, the University convey outstanding results born from its multifarious research projects to scholars across the world.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Saitama University Fall Exchange Program 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Application form (download)
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (Form, guide of form | *after nominated)
- Pre-Arrival Questionnaire for New Incoming Students (download | *after nominated)
- Financial Statement – Bank balance certificate, Scholarship certificate, etc. (*after nominated)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance (*after nominated)
- Statement of Purpose – either in Japanese or English
- Letter of recommendation from the academic advisor
- Official Academic Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Colored copy of passport
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your official nomination to Saitama University for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from the Saitama University