This summer program is designed for students who are interested in Japan but have not yet studied Japanese.
Students will study Japanese culture, history, and society through a variety of lectures conducted in English and on field trips to historic sites and museums.
Students will also experience collaborative research, discussions, and presentations with SWU students in Cross-Cultural Workshops.
The program consists of 2 courses: Japanese Studies and Cross-Cultural Workshop.
Both courses are worth credits, and a certificate will be issued upon completion of the program.
Japanese Studies: 1 credit
Cross-Cultural Workshop: 2 credits
Please refer to the program flyer for further details.
Please also check the links below for more detailed information.
- Female undergraduate or graduate university students.
- Must be able to make travel arrangements and arrive in Japan by the designated date.
- Must be willing to commit and contribute to the program by actively interacting with both international students and Japanese students through lectures, activities, and group projects.
- The program is conducted in English. No knowledge of the Japanese language is required.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Enrollment from the faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency certificate
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form (http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication) for internal review no later than February 15, 2023.
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application.
- Once selected as a Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Showa Women’s University, and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Showa Women’s University.
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us during OIA’s office hours:
- Email: email@example.com
- Sync consultation: ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM