Warm greetings from Doshisha University in Japan!
Doshisha University was established in 1875 by Joseph Hardy Neesima. From the founder himself, the purpose of founding Doshisha Academy was not only to equip students with a general knowledge of the English language but also to produce individuals who are able to put their conscience into practice. Currently, Doshisha University has two main campuses. One is the Imadegawa Campus located in the heart of Kyoto City, north of Kyoto Imperial Palace and adjacent to a noted Buddhist temple, Shokokuji.
Exchange students from foreign partner institutions of Doshisha University are enrolled at Doshisha as students of either “the Center for Global Education (commonly referred to as CGE-sei)” or “the Center for Japanese Language and Culture (commonly referred to as Nichibun-sei)”. Exchange students may take subjects offered at each Center as well as access the same campus facilities as regular Doshisha students.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Doshisha University Student Exchange Program for Spring Semester 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Please download the Application Pack for detailed information. The pack itself contains:
- Information Sheet for exchange program applicants
- Application form for exchange program applicants
- Additional page for application
- English language certificate for CGE applicants
- Self-assessment form of Japanese for CGE applicants
- Information for COE application
- Statement of expenses payment
- Certificate of scholarship/student loan
- List of dormitories for exchange program applicants
- Accommodation application for exchange program applicants
- JASSO scholarship information
- JASSO application form
- Checklist for exchange program applicants
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English, minimum at B2 level or higher.
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Recommendation letter from Academic Supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript (issued in English)
- Study Plan
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport-size picture
- All the documents listed as required on the Application Pack attached above
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Students from partner institutions will be able to apply for JASSO Scholarship. A monthly stipend of 80.000 yen is offered for a period of 4 months or 10 months.
- This scholarship is obtainable for students who come to Japan (offline)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication and the hardcopy version of the documents to the OIA Office through courier service no later than October 15th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Doshisha University and you may proceed to the Online Application.
- The FINAL decision is from Doshisha University.
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)