[This program is self funded]
Sophia University’s short-term intensive program, Summer Session for Japanese Language (and Culture, modified in 2015), started in June 2013. This six-week Summer Session is designed for students who are willing to work hard to improve their Japanese language ability through a remarkably intensive program organized in Japan. Different proficiency levels of classes are offered and students study Japanese in an international environment in the heart of Tokyo.
For further information, please visit: http://www.sophia-summer.jp/japaneselanguage/index.html
June 5th to July 14th, 2017 (Six Weeks)
Program Schedule: http://www.sophia-summer.jp/japaneselanguage/academicinformation/pdf/2016/JJ_schedule_2016_tentative.pdf
Japanese Language Course
Students will be placed in classes of four different proficiency levels based on their placement test results. The number of proficiency levels may change depending on the number of participants and their test results.
Intensive Japanese 1 (100 level = beginner)
Intensive Japanese 2 (100 level = intermediate)
Intensive Japanese 3 (200 level = advanced-intermediate)
Intensive Japanese 4 (200 level = advanced)
On successful completion, participants will receive 6 credits, and an official transcript will be provided to all the participants.
260,000 Yen (Tution fee only)
+The System Operation Fee 450 yen
*Tuition is payable only online by credit card, PayPal or ChinaPay.
*Exemption of tuition according to the exchange partnership agreement does not apply to the applicants of this program.
*Applicants will receive a full refund of paid tuition by conveying the intention to cancel the attendance at the program to the Center For Global Discovery before 5pm on May 4th, 2017 (JST).
(2) Upload the following;
- ① A photo (4cm by 3cm) should have the equal formality as the one for passport or driver license purposes, with your face straight and uncovered, and your background of light colour.
- ② An official transcript from the applicant’s home institution is required. The minimum GPA requiement for acceptance is 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or equivalent grades.
If you are a freshman and your semester transcript is not available yet, upload the following documents (put them together into a file):a) a student registration certificate from your home institutionb) an official transcript from the previous/last school attended
- ③ A copy of your passport picture page
The latest and current passport of the picture page must be uploaded within the application period.
1. Fill out the online application form https://sophia.applyjapan.com/login/c/jj1
2. Once you are selected, you must report yourself to Office of International Affairs UGM
Application period for this program is January 16 to March 24, 2017