Greetings from Schmalkalden University of Applied Science!
Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences (SUAS) is a renowned higher education institution located in Schmalkalden, Thuringia, Germany. Founded in 1991, SUAS offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, primarily focusing on applied sciences and practical-oriented education. The university is known for its strong emphasis on providing students with hands-on experience and industry-relevant skills to prepare them for successful careers in their respective fields.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences Exchange Program Summer 2024 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Undergraduate students (S1) or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be proficient in English
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
COSTS AND HOUSING
SUAS is a clean, safe and affordable place to spend an exchange semester at. As a public university, SUAS does not charge any tuition fees. Students will, however, need to pay a one-time semester contribution of approx. €135 to get enrolled, of which the university will forward 100% to the Students’ Union and Student Assembly – and it includes free public transportation in local trains all over Thuringia. The most convenient and affordable way to live at SUAS is in one of the dorms. However, students should apply for a room as soon as possible as the capacity is limited. If the dorm is fully booked, SUAS will assist students in finding a place to stay during the semester.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than 1 September 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Schmalkalden University of Applied Science and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Schmalkalden University of Applied Science.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Whatsapp: +62 812-1888-7818 (WA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual consultation: https://ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM