[This program is self-funded]
Nara Women’s University exists to provide female students with the highest learning environment, and our main purpose has been to foster women who can succeed in society through education and research. Therefore, our regular students are all female and most of the exchange students are female as well.
If there are male students who still would like to take our classes and receive credits, or do research with a specific teacher at our university, understanding our purpose and the environment, please let us know before applying for the program. In addition to that, please be notified that we might not be able to accept a student depending on his/her major or when he/she would like to start studying.
For further information, please go to: http://www.nara-wu.ac.jp/iec/int/en/study/foreign_exchange/index.html
April 2018 – March 2019
Application Guidelines: Application Guidelines for the Student Exchange Program 2018-19(English)
• Application Form ●2018 Student Exchange Application Form
• Curriculum Vitae 2018 CV
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3 x 4 cm)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (*or recommendation letter from japanese language teacher)
• Health Certificate
• Financial Statement
• 2018 Checklist
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Nara Women’s University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Nara Women’s University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 16, 2017.