[Scholarship offered for this program]
J-PAC (Japan Program at Chiba) is offered to students from academic institutions with which Chiba University has university-level student exchange agreements, and whose academic interest is in the area of Japanese culture and society. J-PAC includes International Liberal Arts Program, which offers to students irrespective of their area of specialization, and Japanese Studies Program, which is designed for students who specialize in Japanese studies at their universities. Both start in October and end in August of the following year, however, they can also accommodate students who wish to study at Chiba University for only one semester, commencing either in October or in April in the following year.
Program Brochure: http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/global/sai/J-PAC2017-2018_english.pdf
List of course offered: http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp/global/sai/J-PAC2017-2018_CourseDescriptions.pdf
October – February (Fall Semester)
March – August (Spring Semester)
• Application Form J-PAC2017-2018_form
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Certificate of Japanese language proficiency by a Japanese language instructor
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chiba University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chiba University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 21, 2017.