[This program is self-funded]
Toyo Summer Program Ⅱ 2017 will examine Japanese culture and society, comparing traditional and modern, as well as urban and rural Japan. The program will be a combination of classroom activities, field trips, and experiential learning. Most of the program will take place in Tokyo, but participants will also have an opportunity to do a homestay with Nouka-minshuku (farming families) in Noto, a farming village in Ishikawa Prefecture on the Sea of Japan. While in Noto, participants will experience hands-on field activities such as forest preservation and agriculture. At the end of the program, participants will give presentations on Japan’s attractive qualities from an international perspective.
Program Brochure: Toyo Summer Program Ⅱ
For further information, please go to: https://www.toyo.ac.jp/site/english-admissions/english-sp2.html#overview
DATE & PLACE
August 14 (Mon) – August 26 (Sat), 2017
Toyo University Hakusan Campus (Tokyo) & Noto (Ishikawa)
Includes: tuition fees, field trips/work expenses, transportation, and home stay (Nouka-minshuku)
Not included: airfare, accommodation in Tokyo, insurance, living, expenses and meals
• Application Form https://www.toyo.ac.jp/site/english-admissions/english-sp2.html#application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Toyo University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Toyo University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 24, 2017.