[Scholarship is offered for this program]
What is ‘Innovative Asia’?
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia. To this end, opportunities for study and internship in Japan for competent students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries will be provided.
Degree and Fields of Study
In this program, participants will be accepted in master’s courses at Japanese universities in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc. Proposed research topics must be relevant to the program objectives.
- Nationality: Citizens of one of the 12 Asian countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Under 35 years of age (as of September 1st, 2018)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2018)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools
- Adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course
Admission Date: September 26, 2018
Number of Students to be Accepted: 5
Program Type(s): Research Student Program (Master’s Program)
Application Period: March 29 – May 18, 2018
The Innovative Asia initiative, conducted by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation throughout Asia, by providing students from 12 Asian countries with opportunities to conduct research, enroll in Master’s degree program at Japanese universities and participate in internships with Japanese companies.
Officially dispatched students under the program will enroll in Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) as Research Students in the Research Student Program starting from September 2018. Participants who pass the entrance examination for April 2019 will be eligible to enroll in Tokyo Tech’s Master’s degree Program. Information on financial supports, qualifications and application procedures are available on the websites.
JICA Innovative Asia website:
https://www.jica.go.jp/ english/countries/asia/ innovative_asia.html
- Submission requirements, kindly visit Tokyo Tech application guidelines for Innovative Asia: http://www.titech.ac.jp/english/graduate_school/international/research_students/jica.html
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official academic transcript
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through website.
- FINAL decision from Tokyo Institute of Technology.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 2, 2018.