[Scholarship is offered for this program]
This summer intensive program provides students of our partner institutions with an opportunity to discover Japan through diverse learning experiences in English. The program offers intensive Japanese language classes for both beginner and pre-intermediate learners, topical seminars in Japanese culture and society, a home-stay, and other cultural activities including field trips.
Tohoku University Japanese Program 2017 (TUJP2017) is a program for undergraduates who’d like to learn Japanese language and culture.
For further information, please go to: http://www.insc.tohoku.ac.jp/english/short/tujp/
JASSO Scholarship (80000 JPY/Month)
More information about JASSO in TUJP 2017: JASSO_information_TUJP2017
• Transcript from the previous academic year in English
• Photocopy of passport (page with applicant’s photo)
• Personal statement (300-400 words/reasons for applying)
• Copy of English language ability certificate and scores (Equivalent toTOEFL iBT 70 or PBT 520. Results from any internationally recognized English exam accepted)
• Result of online Japanese test: “TTBJ/SPOT90” http://ttbj1.cegloc.tsukuba.ac.jp/apply/agree/ (Only for Japanese learners. Not needed for complete
• Application Form for Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship with hand-written signature (if applicable) JASSO_Application_Form_TUJP2017
• Curriculum Vitae
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tohoku University and you may continue online registration as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from TohokuUniversity.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 14, 2017.