Greetings from Chubu University, Japan!
Chubu University was established in April 1964 as an institute of technology. Standing strong with their motto: “ACTA, NON VERBA”, Chubu University aims at contributing to society’s progress by developing reliable individuals who are highly cultivated and have a cosmopolitan outlook, specialized capabilities and the ability to act and who are independent, yet care about the public good. Starting from four technical majors, Chubu University now has 7 colleges and 30 departments in the arts and sciences.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Student Exchange for Spring 2023 at Chubu University is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in Japanese. For Academic courses, N1 or N2 is required
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)Application form (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Score Report of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (For Academic courses, N1 or N2 is required)
- Japanese Language Study form (download)
- Questionnaire regarding Japanese Language Study (download)
- Application for Accommodation
- Letter of Financial Support (download)
- Certificate of Health that completed within 6 months of the application deadline (download)
- Information Page of Passport (Page with photo and personal information)
- ID Photos (download)
- Oath (download)
- Recommendation Form (download)
- Proposed Study Plan for undergraduate course applicants (download)
- Research Plan for graduate course applicants (download)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Checklist (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form : http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 15th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Chubu University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Chubu University
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)