Warmest greeting from Kumamoto University, Japan!
Kumamoto is located in the center of Kyushu Island in Japan and is rich in nature. Kumamoto University is situated in Kumamoto City where the historic Kumamoto castle is surrounded by many trees. So, the city is called FOREST CITY. The University has a hill clad in fresh greenery behind the campus, giving us a tranquil atmosphere for studies. Kumamoto is also known for its high-quality freshwater springs, which provide drinking water to the residents.
KU is one of the oldest universities in Japan with seven faculties, eleven graduate schools and 23 research centers/institutes (as of August 2017) that support a wide spectrum of educational and research activities. Currently, the university is home to around 8,000 undergraduate students and 2,000 graduate students, including 507 international students from 49 countries (as of May 2017). For over 100 years the university has been at the forefront of culture, advancing science and technology, and contributing to the development of the Japanese educational system.
We are pleased to inform you that Kumamoto University is now accepting applications for the Short Term Exchange Program in Spring 2020. Details of the program can be found below:
It can be viewed/downloaded from the following link;
Application Guideline and Application Package (download)
- Application Packages (*please refer to the attached file)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of financial support (certificate bank account balance, income, etc.)
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than November 1st, 2019.