The ASEAN-Australia Strategic Youth Partnership (AASYP) will be hosting its inaugural ASEAN-Australia Young Leaders Forum from 29 November – 2 December in Jakarta, Indonesia this year. We are excited to announce we are now accepting applications for fully-funded delegate positions!
The ASEAN-Australia Young Leaders Forum will bring together 40 outstanding young leaders between the ages of 18-29 years. The themes of this year’s conference – digital economy and trade, disaster resilience and counter-terrorism – will be explored through expert-led panels, professional development workshops, and site visits. More information about the Forum is available on our website.
We think this opportunity will be of interest to your students. This opportunity is fully funded, so we encourage any young leaders interested in ASEAN-Australian affairs to apply.
How To Apply
- The written application requires you to draw on your own personal experiences, analyze current regional agendas, think critically and present innovative solutions. Download the written application here: AAYLF Written Application 2019.pdf
- The video submission requires you to film a one-minute response to: Why should you be selected as a delegate for the inaugural AAYLF, and how will you contribute to the vision of building stronger ASEAN-Australia relations?
To apply for the AAYLF, potential delegates will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
Be aged between 18 and 29 years of age as of 29th November 2019.
Have a good command of English
Able to commit to completing an online pre-forum curriculum
Be available to attend AAYLF in Jakarta between 28 November and 3 December and meet any applicable visa requirements
Be actively engaged in current affairs impacting ASEAN member states and/or the ASEAN-Australia relationship
Be willing to act as an ASEAN-Australia Strategic Youth Leader for a duration of 12 months following the Forum
Hold a valid Australian or ASEAN member state national passport
Submit their completed application (consisting of both the written application and short video) by the submission deadline of 09 August 2019
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official academic transcript of the last degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from Unit/Department for Staff Applicants (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency certificate
- Register yourself via online website here
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will recommend you to the AAYLF Committee for further selection.
- The FINAL decision from the AAYLF Committee
Please send all documents above in 2 hard copies to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 softcopy to email: firstname.lastname@example.org Before 9 August 2019