[This program is self-funded]
The Summer Program in English offered by the College of Cross-Cultural and Multidisciplinary Studies at Kumamoto University was created to provide international students who have an interest in studying abroad in Japan with a chance to experience life as an international student at Kumamoto University.
For further information, please visit: http://www.c3.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/summer/
DATE & PLACE
Tuesday, July 25 – Thursday, August 3 2017 (10 days)
Kumamoto University, with educational excursions around Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
The following are tentative schedules for each course of the Summer Program. Please note that the contents are subject to change.
※ A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all students who successfully complete the contents of the program.
|1||PM||Arrive in Kumamoto|
|PM||Exchange Activity with Japanese Students
|3||All Day||Study trip to Yamaga|
|PM||Cultural Experience: Making “wagashi” (Japanese sweets)|
|5||All Day||Study Trip to Mt. Aso|
|6||AM||Study Trip to Kumamoto Castle|
|PM||Cultural Experience: Tea Ceremony and Calligraphy|
|PM||Presentations and exchange event with high school students|
|9||AM||Information about studying abroad in Japan|
|PM||Closing ceremony and farewell party|
|10||All Day||Return home|
English Course: 80,000 Japanese Yen
○ includes accommodation, class fees, field trip fees, and breakfast.
× Does not include the cost of transportation to or from Japan, the cost of transportation within Japan, or the cost of meals (other than breakfast) during the program.
The program Fee will be collected in cash after arriving in Japan.
Participants in the Spring Program may apply for a government scholarship of 80,000 Japanese Yen, provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have a GPA greater than or equal to 2.3, and not receive any other scholarships for this program which exceed 80,000 Japanese Yen.
Please note that there are a limited number of scholarships available. Scholarships will be awarded based on Grade Point Average (GPA).
• Application Form http://www.c3.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Kumamoto-University-2017-Summer-Program-Application-Form-1.pdf
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kumamoto University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kumamoto University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 2, 2017.