[Scholarship offered for this program]
Founded in 1980 as a genuine private institution, DJU has grown into a university respected and loved by the nation, the local community, and the students. Based on the experiences and wisdom accumulated over the past thirty years, we are fully committed to achieving our goal for another decade of creative challenges.
This year Daejeon University provide GKS exchange student scholarship opportunities, the scholarship is offered by Korean Government to incoming exchange students from partner institutions who are good both academically and personally to foster future leaders who can play a key role between Korea and their countries.
For further information, please visit: http://www.dju.ac.kr/foreign/eng/html/main.htm
500.000 KRW/Month, Round-trip Airfare, Insurance, Settlement Allowance. (http://www.niied.go.kr/eng/contents.do?contentsNo=79&menuNo=350)
• Self introduction letter
A minimum of 3 pages including a statement of some voluntary activities, career goals and career path with specific vision after graduation (on a prescribed form / either typing or handwriting both in Korean or English)
• Study plan study-plan-daejeon
A minimum of 3 pages including a statement of purpose, motivation, academic goals and expected achievement when studying in Korea, main area of study in the home-country (on a prescribed form / either typing or handwriting both in Korean or English
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Korean language proficiency (*if any)
• Other certificates which prove academic performance and extracurricular activities (Optional)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Daejeon University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Daejeon University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 12, 2017.