Following exchange student agreements, Kansai University accepts exchange students from affiliated universities each year in April and September. The International Division programme offers Japanese language classes and Japanese Studies classes for the exchange students. There are six levels of Japanese language classes that range from beginning to advanced according to the student’s level. Regardless of level, all of the classes emphasise the development of oral skills as well as reading and writing skills. The Japanese Studies classes include a wide variety of subjects: history, social structure, the cultural arts, the military arts, economics, philosophy and religion. All of the classes in Japanese Studies are in English.
Along with the classes above, those exchange students with the language skills are allowed to attend lectures for the Japanese students. Each of these classes is ninety minutes in length.
Those who are graduate students at their home institutions are allowed to study under the direction of a professor at Kansai University. They are, of course, allowed to study Japanese language in the classes designed for the exchange students.
Along with establishing friendships with the students, Kansai University also encourages extracurricular cultural activities with advice and support so that the international students experience culture outside the university experience. The university has thus arranged for cultural activities within Japanese society yet outside of the university with the hope that this will deepen mutual interaction.
- Application Form For Exchange Students (Attached)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Kansai University Health Certificate (Attached)
- 3 Passport photos (4cm×3cm). Please note that these photos are required in addition to those for the Application Form.
- Study Plan in Japanese *For graduate level application only; no particular form or style is required.
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of Enrollment of the Applicant for JASSO Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan). *JASSO scholarship is provided by Japan Student Services Organization to promote international student exchange. JASSO will select the recipients based on our recommendations, but JASSO makes the final scholarship decision. If you wish to apply for the scholarship, please fill in the attached form.
- English Proficiency (Toefl: ITP 530, IBT80, IELTS 6.0)
- Recommendation Letter
- copy of passport
Kansai University Admission
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than April 12, 2016