Yokohama National University (YNU) Summer Program 2016
July 4 to July 15, 2016 Yokohama, Japan
Application for YNU’s Summer Program is now open.
During this 2 week program, YNU will provide Japanese Language classes and Japanese culture classes for international students, including exciting excursions to cultural and historical sites in the Yokohama area.
Highlights of this program will be:
-Opportunities to improve communication skills in Japanese
-Attending lectures on Japanese culture and society
-Assistance by Japanese students
-Weekend homestay experience with a Japanese family
-Excursion tours to study Japan’s past and present
Please check the following program details and apply now!
July 4th, 2016~July 15th, 2016
*Participating students will be requested to arrive in Japan by July 3rd, and depart on July 16th or July 17th.
2. Course Schedule (Tentative)
THE APPLICANT MUST,
1) be a student at a college/university/graduate school as of July 1st, 2016
2) have financial resources to cover the program fee, transportation/accommodation fee to attend this course
3) be able to obtain the applicable visa at the Embassy of Japan in his/her country
*YNU will select the participants after screening the application documents. YNU will give priority to students attending institutions of which YNU has an exchange agreement.
List of partner universities
Japanese1: For those who have completed approximately one year of college Japanese classes by the time he/she attends the YNU summer program (For those who are studying for JLPT N4 level)
Japanese2: For those who have completed approximately two years of college Japanese classes by the time he/she attends the YNU summer program (For those who are studying for JLPT N3 level)
5. Program Fee
*Includes tuition, excursion fees. Airfare, accommodation, transportation between the airport and Yokohama, and commuting costs are not covered.
6. Cancel Policy
If the enrolled student cancels before the 1st day of the course, YNU will make a partial refund of JPY 50,000. JPY20,000( Admission and Enrollment fee and bank charges) will not be refunded.
The procedure for payment will be informed from YNU to the students individually after their enrollment has been confirmed.
1) Accommodation during the course duration, including +1 day before and after (Jul. 3~Jul.16) will be arranged by YNU.
2) Accommodation fee is to be borne by each student.
3) The students will stay at a budget hotel nearby campus on weekdays, and stay with a Japanese host family on weekends.
4) Estimated accommodation fee will be JPY 4,000-8,000 per night.
*Accommodation fees may vary according to hotel room vacancy
9. Minimum Number of Participants
*This course may be cancelled if the number of applicants is less than the number stated above.
All participants are to obtain a “short term stay visa” at their own expense prior to entering Japan. The visa needs to be valid throughout the course duration.
In case any supporting documents are required from YNU for the visa application, please contact us.
*Citizens of countries and regions with visa exemption agreements with Japan are not required to obtain a visa for short stay. For more information, please refer to the following website.
Each participant is encouraged to join an insurance plan before arriving in Japan to prepare for any unforeseen circumstances. Without insurance, medical expenses can be expensive in Japan
12. Documents required for application
1) Application Form (to be downloaded from below)
2) Passport Photo Page (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
3) Student ID of your home institution (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
13. Application Period
Please send the required documents via e-mail by April 15th (Fri) 12:00P.M. JST.
Late documents will not be accepted.
14. Confirmation of Enrollment
YNU will send an e-mail confirming your acceptance/rejection by April 29 (Fri).