This seminar is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy development, which is an important issue in Human Security Development. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on human security development and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues all over the world. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organize field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science – all fields are welcome.
I. Criteria and eligibility
1. Target students: undergraduate students from the AUN member universities (see Table 1 below).
2. The number to be admitted: 10 students
II. Financial support
1. The AUN-KU Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development will assume the following costs:
(1) A round-trip flight ticket; and
2. Kyoto University will cover the accommodation costs.
1. Participation fee: JPY 10,000
This fee includes field studies and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay the fee The AUN-KU Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development on the first day of seminar.
2. Participants are also required to organize and pay the following costs:
(1) Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami) ) and Kyoto.
(2) Fees related to visa applications
(3) Travel insurance: all participants shall be requested to buy travel insurance by themselves.
(4) Cost of meals
Applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely.
1. Application form [Download: Winter Seminar_Form1]
2. Statement of purpose [Download:Winter Seminar_Form2]
3. Academic transcripts
4. Motivation letter
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Language proficiency certificate
7. Certificate of enrollment from faculty
8. Letter of recommendation
For further information http://www.hsd.cpier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ja/index.html
Please send two copies of your application to Office of International Affairs UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 5th September 2016.