[Scholarship is offered for this program]
To mark its 150th Anniversary in 1982, Jardine Matheson established an educational trust called The Jardine Foundation to provide scholarships. The Foundation in its discretion awards Jardine Scholarships annually to students to enable them to attend educational establishments, primarily selected colleges at the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. The Foundation would like to invite UGM students, alumni or staff to apply for the scholarships to pursue postgraduate studies in Oxbridge in 2019.
Download the scheme here UGM Scheme
Please follow the eligibility listed in the 2019 UGM Postgraduate Criteria
For detailed information regarding the Jardine Scholarship please visit UGM – Jardine Scholarship
Call for application from April/May 2018
Admission deadline to Jardine by UGM: June 21, 2018
Foundation pre-selection – Committee interviews in Jakarta: July 28, 2018
Selected finalists apply to Oxbridge: Sept – Nov 2018
Committee to award the finalists: Jan – May 2019
Full scholarship (covering fees, tuition, board and lodging, and reasonable living expenses and travel expenses to and from the chosen educational establishment at the beginning and at the end of the course in respect of which the Scholarship is awarded)
- Application Form 2019 UGM Scheme Application Form
- Essay. Answers to the following questions in not more than 200 words per question:i. Describe, as precisely as possible, the applicant’s professional
objectives after completion of their course, how the course they have
chosen would help them attain these objectives and what position they
would like to occupy in ten years’ time.
ii. Describe what the word ‘leadership’ means to the applicant and outline
an achievement or experience that they believe best reflects their
iii. Describe areas of community involvement that the applicant has been,
or still is, active in.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Motivation Letter
- A copy of academic transcript and diploma/ master degree certificate (legalized)
- Official academic transcript (legalized)
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Certified copies of all relevant academic qualifications.
- Fill the 2019 UGM Scheme Application Form
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to the Jardine Foundation as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from the Jardin Foundation.
Please send the completed applications with the supporting documents above:
(1) in 2 copies by mail or submit in person to: Office of International Affairs, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Bulaksumur No. F13, Yogyakarta 55281;
(2) via email (scanned copy) to: email@example.com
No later than MONDAY, JUNE 4, 2018
Important: Please note that the above-mentioned deadline is earlier than the deadlines mentioned in the guidelines and application form due to further internal review and selection process at Universitas Gadjah Mada.