Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS is the abbreviation for the Tokyo Tech-Asia Young Scientist and Engineer Advanced Study Program. This annual program is the successor to the Japan-Asia Young Scientist and Engineer Study Visit (JAYSES) program, which began in 2007. The Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS program will be held again this summer.
In this year’s program, Tokyo Tech students will visit Thailand to learn about technology, industry, education and governance in the country. Other students will join from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) member countries. Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS is a great opportunity to increase knowledge and build an international network.
Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS is a joint study program for students from member universities in Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam. Through discussion and communication with students with different backgrounds, participants have the opportunity to learn about the dynamism of rapidly growing Asian countries, including technology and industry, education and governance.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
Main theme: “From Asia to the World”
The discussion topics for Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS 2016 will be announced on the first
day of the program.
Example of discussion topics from Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS 2015 in Indonesia:
· Motorization and traffic jams
· Development of energy resources and protection of environment
· Education and industrial management
· Innovation and regional/global competition
· Cultural differences and understanding of different cultures
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
(1) Make friends in other countries and establish an international network
(2) Learn about relations among Asian countries
(3) Receive a program certificate
(4) Experience a truly international study abroad program
JAPAN – Tokyo Institute of Technology Tokyo Tech-AYSEAS 2016
THAILAND – Chulalongkorn University, Kasetsart University, King Mongut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thammasat University
INDONESIA – Institut Teknologi Bandung, Universitas Indonesia, Universitas Gadjah Mada
The PHILIPPINES – De La Salle University, University of the Philippines Diliman
SINGAPORE – Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore
VIETNAM – Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
(1) Applicants should have sufficient ability to communicate in written and spoken
(2) Students are expected to participate in all program activities held in Bangkok.
Therefore, students must be able to travel to Bangkok.
Participating students are responsible for the cost of their:
1) Airfare (Home → Bangkok → Home)
3) Travel insurance
4) Meals during the program
5) Personal Expenses (snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Official Academic Transcript
• English language proficiency (TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• Student Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Recommendation from faculty and/or supervisior
• Copy of passport
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than April 25, 2016.
PROGRAM WEBSITE >>>> http://www.ayseas.ipo.titech.ac.jp/2016/top_e.html