The Student Aid Scholarship for Exchange Students
1.This scholarship was initiated to encourage students from Tamkang University’s sister universities or other overseas universities to study at TKU, and to help such students cope with their daily living expenses.
2. Scholarship amount:
The scholarship amount granted to each recipient will be the same as the accommodation fees for student’s dormitory. The number of scholarships granted each year may vary based on Tamkang University’s annual budget.
3. Application eligibility:
a. This scholarship is open to all exchange students of foreign nationality from overseas universities that have an established academic collaboration agreement with Tamkang University (excluding universities from the Mainland China) or exchange students who have been recommended to study in TKU by relevant academic institutions. To be eligible, students must maintain a grade average of 65 or above (or GPA2.5) (for undergraduate students) or 75 or above (or A3.0) (for graduate students) in their own universities. Students must also display good conduct and students from difficult financial background are encouraged to apply.
b. This scholarship is open to one-year exchange students only (not including students from sister universities which have special arrangement with Tamkang University).
c. The scholarship is open for application three weeks before the final examination week of first semester. Once completed, all application forms must be submitted the week before the final examination week of first semester.
d. Students from sister universities which have special arrangement with Tamkang University can apply for the scholarship when they apply to Tamkang University. Once they have enrolled in Tamkang University, they can send in their scholarship applications three weeks before the final examination week of first semester and the deadline is one week before the final examination week of first semester.
4. Required documents:
- Application Form, filled and signed [Attached]
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Motivation Letter
- Official transcript
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Recommendation letter from faculty and or from supervisior
- copy of passport
- English proficiency certificate (Toefl or IELTS)
5. One-year exchange students who are awarded this financial assistance scholarship are required to undertake 20 hours of volunteer services in Tamkang University. Two weeks after the start of the semester, scholarship recipients must provide a photocopy of a valid Work Permit (permit validity must be at least until end of January for first semester or until end of June for second semester). During their volunteer work, the Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs (OICSA) will assume a supervising role and help recipients fulfill their community service requirements.
6. Based on the principle of equal reciprocity, if sister universities grant scholarships to exchange students from Tamkang University, the latter will respond in kind by apportioning an equivalent number of scholarships to exchange students from such universities. The remaining scholarship places will then be open for regular scholarship application.
7. All scholarship applications and their supporting documents will be evaluated by the Overseas Student Scholarship Review Committee.
8. The above regulations take effect from the date of their promulgation, after being approved by the International and Exchange Student Committee. The same applies to any amendments made thereafter.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than April 28th, 2016