[This program is self-funded]
This year, 2017 NCKU International Summer School features Circular Economy (CE) as the theme of core course, and also the Chinese language and cultural classes, as they have always been of great interest to foreign students worldwide. CE courses demonstrate a clever and systematic use of technology on business and daily life can actually benefit the people and the environment at the same time. A thread of interdisciplinary classes will be provided in English intensively in a two-week period. Two credits will be awarded to students who fulfill the course requirement successfully. Please kindly assist in distributing the program information to your students. Through this program, we cordially invite your students to visit NCKU to learn more about the educational environment, people, and culture around Taiwan!
Program Brochure: 2017_NCKUsummerschool_Brochure
For further information, please visit: http://summerschool.web2.ncku.edu.tw/bin/home.php
Scheduled from July 20th to August 4th.
- Circular Economy Class ( 2 Credits, taught in English)
CE class includes wide-ranging topics of lectures such as energy, water and biomaterials which are taught by top professors and experts. In addition to teaching theory in class, we provide hands-on activities for students to work in practice and factory visits to recycled tires and green fabric companies.
- Chinese and Cultural Class (1 Credit)
To immerse students in a unique cultural atmosphere, we arrange Chinese language class and cultural classes, including Chinese Opera class and Zhuanke (seal carving) class. Students will enjoy learning to read and speak Chinese, and even experiencing the Chinese Opera’s costumes and make-up!
- Optional Tours
On weekends, city tours (optional) will be arranged for students who want to opt for unforgettable travel experience around the areas in southern Taiwan. Tour schedules will be announced on the website.
|Students from non-partner universities||Students from SATU/partner universities|
|Program Fees||NTD 31,000 (USD 970)||NTD 27,000 (USD 850)|
|NTD 27,000 (USD 850)||NTD 24,000 (USD 750)|
*The program fees are not inclusive of accommodation fee which is NTD 5,000 (USD 160).
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to NCKU as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from NCKU.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 24, 2017.