[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Keimyung University proudly presents 2017 GKS(Global Korea Scholarship) for ASEAN countries’ Science and Engineering Students Program that is run by Korean Government. This program invites outstanding students who are majoring in the field of Architecture and Civil Engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 Southeast Asian Nations.
The purpose of this program is to provide students with an in-depth academic training as well as an invaluable experience in Korea. In addition, this program can help to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country.
Application deadline for the program is April 30th, 2017 and we require all home institution coordinators to officially nominate their candidates via e-mail to email@example.com. Students who are interested in this program are welcome to apply.
Program guideline: 2017 GKS for ASEAN countries’ Science and Engineering student program
DATE & ELIGIBILITY
- Title: Keimyung University’s Program 2017 GKS for ASEAN countries’ Science and
- Period: July 10th (Monday) ~ August 11th (Friday) 2017 (5 weeks)
- Number of Participants: 24 undergraduate students
- Training Field: Architecture and Civil Engineering
a. The citizen of one of the 7 designated ASEAN countries*
* Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
b. Currently enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who are
majoring in engineering located in one of the 7 designated ASEAN countries.
c. Fluent in English
d. Mentally and physically healthy
e. Have interest and willingness to adapt in Korean culture and life
- Introduction to the overall program
- Specific field of study Korean language, history and culture
- Research Projects, Lab Activities, Conduct specific research projects along with mentoring from Korean graduate students
- Field Trip Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sites Cultural or historical sites
- Closing Presentation of research results
- Awards to the outstanding performance and Formation of Alumni network
a. The program will be offered in English.
b. Students will stay in university’s dormitories
(2~3 persons per room, mostly Korean food will be provided).
c. All lectures/events for this program are mandatory. Participation during the weekend may be required.
d. It is preferable if students make efforts to understand Korean language, education,
culture and etc.
e. For further information, please visit a website of NIIED(www.studyinkorea.go.kr) or
contact above introduced information
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
• Application Form Application Form
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Korean language proficiency (*if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Keimyung University as for host university selection.
4) If you pass the document screening, you will be invited for an interview from your application office. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone.
5) FINAL decision from Keimyung University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 27, 2017.