[This program is self-funded]
Established in 1918, Chung-Ang University has been a leader in globalization, a pioneer in education, and has been called the “Cradle of Education” in Korea. Initially established as the Chung-Ang Kindergarten at the Chung-Ang Methodist Church in 1918, it has now become a leading private university in Korea. CAU’s International Winter Program (IWP) is a hybrid program providing students with a window into Korea, where courses are coupled with cultural experiences that foster an understanding of Korea’s Culture and Society. Our program is broken into two sessions, Session 1 and Session 2 for the first time during the winter. Session 1 will provide students with 2 (two) transferable credits while Session 2 will provide students with 4 (four) transferable credits.
Program brochure: 2016-international-winter-program
CAU is the best university for Korean Culture and Arts. CAU IWP will offer unique opportunities to learn and experience Korean Culture in: society, history, religion, arts, and political issues; almost everything in Korea today through a variety of cultural activities and excursions. The IWP will have students take an in-depth look at Korean Pop Culture, Travel to Jeonju Hanok Village (for Session 1), go on a ski trip (For Session 2), or experience many other events.
Session 1 will offer Special Lectures from the CAU Business Department on topics such as:
l Korean Online Game Industry
l Korean Economy and Business
l Korean Entertainment Industry & Hallyu
Students can get 1 credit from these lectures and 1 credit from Korean Culture and Society courses (through Practical Korean class, Special Lectures & Cultural Events). While Session 2 offers a Korean Language course (2 credits) and a Korean Culture and Society course (2 credits).
Session 2 is a 2.5 week program from February 1st to February 18th, 2017
• Application Form http://oia.cau.ac.kr/20150504/eng/sub04/sub0403.php
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Colored copy of passport
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
• Letter of Recommendations from academic advisors
• English Language Proficiency Test Results (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• Passport-size Photo (3 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online registration and OIA will send your application to Chung-Ang University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chung-Ang University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 8, 2017.