[This program is self-funded]
Chung-Ang University administers a wide range of student exchange programs with its partner schools around the world on a semestral or academic-year basis. For exchange students from most colleges and universities, the credits earned at Chung-Ang University can be transferred back to the student’s home university.
Program Guideline: Invitation of Exchange Students for Fall Semester, 2017(Asia)
For further information, please go to: http://oia.cau.ac.kr/20150504/eng/sub02/sub0202.php
August 28 – December 16 2017
Tuition Fee Waived
Application Guideline: Application Procedure Information & Fact Sheet(2017 Fall)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 5.5)
– After you selected as nominated student, you must prepared:
1) Completed Online Application Form for the Exchange Program
2) Official Academic Transcript from Home University
3) Valid Copy of Passport: Your personal information should be shown on the scanned page, and the expiry date should be at least six months later than the end date of your exchange study period
4) Financial Statement (Official document provided by bank, the other documents are not available) a. For exchange student, more than 12,000 USD in balance for one year / 6,000 USD in balance for one semester b. For fee-paying student, more than 20,000 USD in balance for one year / 10,000 USD in balance for one semester
5) Signed Dormitory Agreement (if applying for on-campus housing) – found on the online application; print, sign and upload a scanned copy of it.
6) Attach Digital Passport-size Photo (Image File) with the following Specifications a. Size: 3.5cm x 4.5cm b. Color photograph of face, front view, on white background, taken within the past six months ※ Admission letter will not be issued in any absent of above documents.
8) TB test result: Those who are living in the dormitory should submit a scanned copy of TB test result in English to email@example.com. TB test date should be from 3month before the day of entrance to the dormitory. (For Fall semester – after June 2, for Spring semester – after December 2)
9) Insurance : Exchange students will be able to purchase an insurance plan after their arrival in Korea at CAU. But in case that you want to purchase it in your home country, please send a scanned copy of the certificate to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be valid until the end of your study period, and has to guarantee enough amount of coverage.
The online application system for the Fall 2017 international program will open May 8th. Please request your student to submit an online application.
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application to Chung-Ang University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chung-Ang University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 12, 2017.