[Scholarship is offered for this program]
The Korean Government invites outstanding students who are majoring in the fields of science and engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 ASEAN countries. This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea. This program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country.
Program brochure: Information of 2017 ASEAN Project(1)
DATE & ELIGIBILITY
Period : July 10th (Monday) ~ August 11th (Friday) 2016 (5 weeks),
Number of Participants : 24 undergraduate students,
Host Organization : National Institute for International Education (NIIED),
Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea
a. Be a citizen of one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries*
* Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
b. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in the university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
c. Be fluent in English
d. Be mentally and physically healthy
e. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
Mechanical Engineering, Welding and Joining Science Engineering
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
• Application Form
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Korean language proficiency (*if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chosun University as for host university selection.
4) If you pass the document screening, you will be invited for an interview from your application office. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone.
5) FINAL decision from Chosun University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 28, 2017.