For undergraduate students in the following study disciplines:
– Agriculture & Life Science
– Natural Science
– Environmental and Bio-resource Science
Korean Government Scholarship Program(KGSP) is operated by National Institute for International Education(NIIED). This program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for Bachelor-level degrees, which in turn will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
• Must be a citizen of the country to which scholarships are offered, which is also applied to his/her parents.
• Should be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2017 (Should be born after March, 1, 1992).
• Have an adequate health, both physically and mentally.
• NOT Eligible: those who are pregnant or who have a severe illness
• Have graduated or scheduled to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2017.
• Must possess above 80% (out of 100%) cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.), or must be within 20% (out of 100%) in the rank during their entire high school period C.G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher.
• Must not at any time have ever received a Korean government scholarship for an undergraduate course.
• Must have no limitations in travelling abroad.
• There may be preferential selection for applicants who have proficiency in Korean or English.
• Applicants are restricted to apply for at most one university.
• Letter of Enrolment from faculty
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Official Original Academic Transcript
• One Completed Application Form (Form 1)
• One NIIED Pledge (Form 2)
• One Personal Statement (Form 3)
• One Study Plan (Form 4)
• Two Recommendation Letters (from two different recommenders stated below, Form 5)
• One Personal Medical Assessment (Form 6)
• One Graduation Certificate of High School
• Expectant graduate: One Provisional Graduation Certificate of High School
• One High School Grade Transcripts (including a description of the school grading system)
• Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and his/her Parents (A Birth Certificate, a Certificate indicating Parent-child Relationship, Parents’ Passport, etc.)
• One Certificate of Korean (if applicable)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• One Certificate of Health authorized by a medical doctor (Form 8, only for candidates who successfully pass through the 2nd round of selection)
• One Copy of the Applicant’s Passport (only for candidates who successfully pass through the 2nd round of selection)
Please send all documents above in;
1 set original documents and,
3 sets of photocopied ones.
Send them to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 6, 2016.