The Korean Government invites outstanding students who are majoring in the fields of science and engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 ASEAN countries. This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea. This program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country. Students who are interested in this training program are welcome to apply.
- Period : July 4th (Monday) ~ August 12th (Friday) 2016 (6 weeks)
- Number of participants : 24 undergraduate students in total
- Host organization : National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea
- Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in the university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
- Be fluent in English (Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.)
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
- Training Institutions and Training Fields: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Application/ How to Apply:
- Choose one of the 5 designated Korean universities according to your major. You can choose only one of the five universities for your application. You are not allowed to apply to more than one university. Multiple applications will be excluded during the final selection process.
- If you pass the document screening, you will be invited for an interview from your application office. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone
- 8. Application Deadline : April 27th
* Applications will be processed on the first come first serve basis.
- Required Documents
① Completed Application Form
② Self Introduction and Research Plan
③ A Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Source
④ A Copy of the Passport Information Page
⑤ Proof of Enrollment from Currently Enrolled University
⑥ Original Sealed Transcript from Currently Enrolled University
* Note : Additional documents may be required from the university you apply to. For documents ①, ②and ③, you should use the provided template.
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
|Orientation||Introduction to the overall programNetworking with participants|
|Lectures||Specific field of studyKorean language, history and culture|
|Experiment at theLaboratories||Conduct specific research projects along with mentoringfrom Korean graduate students|
|Field Trip||Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sitesCultural or historical sites|
|Closing||Presentation of research resultsAwards to the outstanding performancesFormation of Alumni network|
※Specific programs will vary according to the training institution.
- The program will be offered in English.
- Students will stay in university dormitories (2~3 persons per room, mostly Korean food will be provided).
- The program staff will be with students during the whole program.
- All lectures/events for this program will be mandatory. Participation during the weekend may be required.
- It is desirable that students make efforts to understand Korean language, education, culture and etc. by visiting our website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr) before their arrival in Korea.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES >>>>> 2016 GKS ASEAN SCIENS
Please directly come to OIA UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) after applying the program.