[This program is self-funded]
Asian Undergraduate Summit is a student-run international event organised by students from University Scholars Programme (USP) of NUS. The 3rd iteration of AUS seeks to encourage participation and collaboration with more of our regional partners in ASEAN and Asia at large. This year’s theme is “Leadership in a Complex World: Disruptive Change in Everyday Life”, which aims to explore the impact of disruptive change and its impact.
Program Brochure: ParticipatingUniversity_CD
More information about the theme can be found in our website http://aus.nususc.com/aboutaus.html.
This summit consist of 2 components:
(1) The Overseas Leg (5 June 2017 to 9 June 2017)
The Overseas Host University (OHU) will bear the financial obligations of this leg, which consists of the cost for accommodation, local transport and meals in the country. UGM students will bear the cost of their airfare to the host country. The OHUs for AUS 2017 includes:
- Fudan University, China
- Hindu College, University of Delhi, India
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- Airlangga University, Indonesia
(2) The Singapore Leg (28 June 2017 to 3 July 2017):
During the Singapore Leg, all delegates will gather in NUS for further discussions, lectures and workshops pertinent to the theme, which will expose them to how the different aspects of everyday living has been transformed by disruptive change. Guest speakers and site-visit organisations include distinguished academics, industry experts and government representatives such as Singtel, Google, SkillsFuture (Lifelong Learning Institute), DBS, Uber etc. Our Guest of Honour is Minister Ong Ye Kung (Minister for Education, Higher Education and Skills and member of the Committee on Future Economy).
Also, keeping in line with AUS’s tradition of introducing a skill-based framework, all participants will be introduced with the Design Thinking Methodologies (in collaboration with DesignSingapore and the Design Incubation Centre, School of Design and Environment, NUS) to ground the ideation and creation process.
In the Singapore leg, the accommodation, local transport and meals will be provided by the AUS Organising Committee. UGM students will bear the cost of their airfare to Singapore, or any additional personal expenses on souvenirs or additional entertainments.
• Application Form ParticipatingUniversityProfileWrite-Up
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Korea University of Technology & Education (KOREATECH) as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Korea University of Technology & Education (KOREATECH).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 26, 2017.