This scholarship is available for qualified international students accepted by Japanese universities, graduate schools, or colleges of technology under the student exchange agreement on a short-term basis from 8 days to maximum of one year.
|Amount||¥80,000 for one time|
|Payment schedule||Short term program : Paid in cash during the program|
|Number of recipients||This scholarship is available for 5 recipients.|
- MUST hold nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- DOES NOT hold Japanese nationality
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home institution. (detail explanation)
- A student who needs financial assistance for studying in Japan.
- For exchange student or students joining a program for more than 3 months only:
A student who can obtain a student visa
- A student who will continue their studies and/or who will receive a degree at their home institution after completion of the program.
- If a student is awarded another scholarship for his/her studies in Japan, the amount of money received from the scholarship should not exceed the amount（¥80,000 per month） given from JASSO.
JASSO has the right to cancel and request for refund of the whole amount of scholarship if the student demonstrates poor academic performance, has extreme misbehavior, or does not submit the following items on schedule
- Submission of “Completion Report”
- Submission of official academic transcript (to applicable programs only)