SEAGULL is an exclusive leadership development experience hosted by the Institute for Societal Leadership under Singapore Management University. Southeast Asia needs a new generation who understands that leadership is not confined to political office or the highest echelons of the business world, but thrives in the hearts and minds of the purposeful. SEAGULL will convene the next generation of societal leaders for the most populous and promising region in the world. You will be part of an outstanding SEAGULL network.
IMMERSION 1, SINGAPORE, 10 – 15 JANUARY 2016*
IMMERSION 2, MANILA / KUALA LUMPUR*, JULY 2016*
(*to be confirmed)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
If you’re a local undergraduate in your university with a heart to see society deeply shaped and changed for the good of people, and if you’re an intellectually curious person who enjoys understanding more about Southeast Asian issues, SEAGULL is for you.
- Be a citizen of a Southeast Asian country
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be a current undergraduate in a local university
- Be committed to attending both immersions
- Have a track record of demonstrated leadership
- SKILLS : Besides honing your critical thinking and communication skills, you will receive training in Design Thinking and consultancy problem solving frameworks that will help you become more effective in the way you problem solve for the future.
- INSIGHTS & PARADIGMS : Exclusive opportunities to interact with inspiring leaders in various sectors who will challenge your perspectives, expand your minds to whole new paradigms of thinking about society, and your role in creating responsible, sustainable and meaningful change.
- CASE STUDIES : Gain firsthand experience through engagement with social impact organisations to understand their mandate and challenges. This will widen your perspectives of the most pressing issues facing Southeast Asia.
- NETWORKS : Build relationships with like-minded peers from other Southeast Asian countries and leverage each other’s passion and skill sets.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://islsmu.formstack.com/forms/seagull2016 .
Application Deadline: 4 September 2015. Successful applicants will then be shortlisted for an online interview.