The OeAD supports scholars from all over the world, from bachelor students to researchers. Among st our scholars are both students who pursue their degree program in Austria and researchers who only visit Austria for a few days.
Area of study or research:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Type of grant: grants, research promotion
Detailed type of grant: semester and/or oneyear grants, research grants
Target group: graduates,postgraduates,PhD holders, post docs
Funding organization: OeADGmbH/ICM in cooperation with ASEAUNINET (on behalf of and financed by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy BMWFW)
graduates, post docs: 1 to 9 months
postgraduates: max. 36 months
Grant benefit paid:
1) Monthly grant rate
a) for graduates, postgraduates: 940 EUR
b) for post docs: 1,040 EUR
2) Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeADGmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
b) The OeADGmbH will endeavor to provide accomodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on how much comfort the grant recipients want). An administrative fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeADGmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the grant recipients.
3) Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Recipients of grants will receive an additional travel costs subsidy of max. 730 EUR.
Eligible for application:
a) Graduates of artistic fields for a study visit in the field of music.
b) Postgraduates pursuing a doctorate/PhDprogram in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
c) Postgraduates who want to carry out a doctorate/PhDprogram in Austria and fulfill the requirements for admission.
d) Post docs who are involved in teaching and research at a university in Indonesia,Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
In the fields of economic and social sciences, economic topics with a connection to technology or industry are preferred.
Maximum age: graduates and postgraduates: 35 years
post docs: 45 years
Language proficiency: very good knowledge of English and/or German
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of Passport
- Scan of all university graduation certificates as well as a German or English translation.
- Research proposal (510 pages) [The applicant’s proposal for an innovative research project should focus on specific research questions, and contain a clear and detailed description of the research directions and objectives as well as the methodological approach. It should include:
- a clear problem description
- expected results
- methodological approach (research design, research questions, research method)
- literature review (incl. references)
- list of the applicant’s publications (if already available) or qualifications to do the research in question.]\
Written consent of the supervisor at the Austrian host university.
Please send all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 23th November 2015.