[This program is self-funded]
VU Amsterdam is a comprehensive research university ranked amongst the world’s top 100 universities. Since its founding in 1880 interdisciplinary research has been leading in its education. The university consists of eleven faculties with teaching facilities for 26,000 students. With almost 50 Bachelor degree programmes and over 100 Master degree programmes, the university offers a wide range of study options. The campus is a centrally located hub where people feel at home and engage in new forms of collaboration.
The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers interactive small-scale courses (max. 25 students). Our courses are designed to provide an intensive, in-depth look at your topic of study. You will engage in discussions with a unique group of peers, from all parts of the world. All courses include built-in excursions to museums and institutes such as the Anne Frank House and the International Criminal Court. Personal guidance by your instructors, all excellent professors at VU Amsterdam, and a stimulating cultural environment provide a meaningful and lasting experience. A social programme is available if you wish to explore more outside of the course.
For more information, please visit: http://bachelors.vu.amsterdam/en/summer-school#accept
Program Brochure: vu-amsterdam-summer-school-2017
In 2017 we offer 3 blocks of 2-week courses. You can combine courses to create a 4 or 6-week programme. The courses are multi-disciplinary and always include excursions that are related to the course content. Learn more from the experiences of our alumni.
List of course offered: http://bachelors.vu.amsterdam/en/summer-school/courses/index.aspx
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
The tuition fee for a two-week course will range between €1000 and €1150.
For information about discount and scholarship, please go to: http://bachelors.vu.amsterdam/en/summer-school/allyouneedtoknow/index.aspx
– Motivation letter. Please make sure to describe your motivation for the specific course(s) you apply for: Why this topic? How will the course contribute to your future (academic) career?
– Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
– Transcript of records (a printscreen of your most recent grades is sufficient)
– Copy of passport/identification
1. Before you apply, make sure to read General Terms and Condition http://bachelors.vu.amsterdam/en/Images/Generaltermsandconditions2017_tcm286-810004_tcm286-810004.pdf
2. Apply online at https://fd10.formdesk.com/vu-onlinepayment/soz-summerschool and upload the required documents.
3. Once you are selected, you must pay the tuition fees.
Deadline for application is May 1, 2017. It is advisable to apply and pay sooner, to guarantee your place before a course is full.