[This program is self-funded]
University of Malaya, or UM, Malaysia’s oldest university, is situated on a 900 acre campus in the southwest of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. The varsity is proud to claim the title of the country’s premier university and the origins of the university can be traced back to 1905 with the founding of King Edward VII College of Medicine and its subsequent merger in 1949 with Raffles College (founded 1929) in Singapore to form the national university of the Federation of Malaya under the name of University of Malaya.
In 1954, the government put forward a proposal that the University of Malaya should rightly have two branches, one in Singapore and another in Kuala Lumpur. Through an act of parliament in 1961 the University of Malaya as we know it today in Kuala Lumpur, was established on 1 January 1962 as the first university in this country.
For further information, please go to: http://isc.um.edu.my
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Universiti of Malaya as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Universiti of Malaya.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 16, 2017.