The Australia – APEC Women in Research Fellowship will provide financial support for high-achieving female researchers from developing APEC economies to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.
Up to 10 fellowships will be awarded each year for five years (2015 â€“2019). Researchers will be hosted by Australian education and research institutions for between one and four months.
Applications for the 2015 Round of the fellowship will open in February 2015. The fellowships will run in the second half of 2015. The centre will administer the fellowship, supported by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
All recipients will receive:
- Travel allowance: AU$3,000 (Provision to pay up to AU$4,500 for South American economies)
- Establishment allowance: AU$2,000
- Monthly stipend: AU$3,000 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- Family allowance AU$1,200 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis) if applicable
To be eligible to receive the fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a female citizen and/or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, Peopleâ€™s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- Have a Masters by research or PhD degree
- Be available to commence their proposed program between 1 July 2015 and 31 December 2015
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation
- Nomination agreement with an Australian academic institution and/or organisation
The following are the selection criteria and their relative weighting:
1. A record of high-level academic achievement and research experience relative to opportunity in the applicantâ€™s chosen field of study (30%)
2. A well-defined research program with anticipated outcomes (40%)
3. Statement on how the international research would further the applicantâ€™s academic and/or professional career (15%)
4. Statement on how the international research opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicantâ€™s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with between Australian and home economy (15%)
How to apply
Applications for the 2015 Round of the fellowship are now open and will close 5pm, 3 April 2015 (AEST).
All applicants are required to download and submit an Applicant Form and Applicant Sponsor Nomination Form completed by the Australian institution that has agreed to host you. Please email applications to email@example.com.
Please note incomplete applications will not be assessed. For a PDF of the full fellowship guidelines please download the Australia-APEC Research Fellowship Guidelines.