[This program is self-funded]
This four-week intensive program is aimed at learners of Japanese language who are currently enrolled in universities pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree. Our courses are designed to be practical ones providing the learners hands-on exposure to everyday Japanese language used in Japanese education, culture and society.
Classes will be divided according to the Japanese language proficiency of the participants and every class is designed to fulfill the needs of participants at different levels. Each class will consist of a small number of participants – 12 or less.
While supporting the participants to improve their Japanese language skills, this program will provide invaluable opportunities to experience the real Japan. This program includes various off-campus activities – a two-day excursion and culture trip(s) to Tokyo and Kanto regions to broaden the participants’ understanding of Japanese culture. With the support from TUFS International Student Support Association, on-campus Japanese culture experience – tea ceremony, Kimono try-on, flower arrangement, calligraphy and interacting opportunities with TUFS Japanese students will also be offered.
For further information, please go to: http://www.tufs.ac.jp/english/intlaffairs/exchange_in/sswp.html
|3 levels (Pre-Intermediate・Intermediate・Advanced）
– Classes will be divided according to the contents of application documents and results of the online Japanese-language proficiency test before the program starts.
- This includes the costs of application, tuition, accommodation (check-in: January 10, 2018, check-out: February 8, 2018), textbooks, and a two-day excursion.
- Transportation, flight, overseas insurance, meals are not included.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (Having learned Japanese in high school or university, being able to write Hiragana and Katakana proficiently, and having completed an elementary level textbook(s). This level here is equivalent to the sample provided in the link below. Click the link and click サンプル from 初級2. Test yourself if you understand the sentences and can answer the questions correctly,
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (TUFS) as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (TUFS).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than September 27, 2017.