[Scholarship is offered for this program]
The Siebold Program at Tohoku University in the city of Sendai offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students interested in Japan to take classes and conduct research while experiencing life in Japan. Set in a regional capital pairing the convenience and excitement of a modern urban locale with celebrated natural beauty, the program offers access to the resources of a major national university to provide academic training and an overseas experience unequalled anywhere in the world.
Currently in its second year, the Siebold Program has welcomed more than 20 exchange scholars from its affiliated universities in Europe and Asia to study subjects in the humanities and social sciences at Tohoku University’s Faculty of Arts and Letters. Along with academic and language training, participants enjoy social outings, field trips to historical and other sites, and dedicated spaces for conversation and exchange with Japanese students. The Siebold Program provides both a comprehensive grounding in academic techniques and a guided immersion in Japanese society with the goal of producing the next generation of Japanese scholars and researchers.
For further information, please go to: https://www.sal.tohoku.ac.jp/siebold/#top_con
• Study Plan
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Japan language proficiency
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tohoku University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Tohoku University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 5, 2018.