[Scholarship is offered for this program]
This 3 week summer program is designed for students who are interested in Japan, but have not yet studied Japanese. Students will study about Japanese culture, history and society through a variety of lectures conducted in English and in field trips to historic sites and museums. Students will also experience collaborative research, discussions and presentations with SWU students in Cross-Cultural Workshops.
For further information please go to: https://cie.swu.ac.jp/english/prospective/inter_program/
Female undergraduate or graduate student
June 19 – July 9 2018
Required to pay registration fee but will be waived from accommodation and program fees.
• Application Form https://cie.swu.ac.jp/files/2018/01/SSIP-2018-Application-Form.pdf
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (*if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Showa Women’s University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Showa Women’s University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 28, 2018.