[Scholarship is offered for this program]
It is a special program designed for international students from affiliated universities around the world. It offers a unique curriculum of Japanese language classes and courses in the students’ major in English and Japanese. Participating student deepen their knowledge and understanding not only of their major field study, but also of Japanese society and people, through academic work and meaningful interactions with Japanese students and local people.
Saga Prefecture is in northwest Kyushu. Since ancient times, people in Saga have been enjoying exchanges of people, ideas, technologies and goods with China, Korea, and Southeast Asia because of this geographical advantage.
TYPES OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMS:
SPACE-E: courses are taught in English. This program is only for undergraduate students who has completed at least two years of study at the home university.
SPACE-J: Students register in regular courses taught in Japanese. Both undergraduate and graduate students can participate. We recommend that you choose SPACE-J if you already have high Japanese language proficiency and have passed the Level 2 or higher JLPT.
♦ 2017 Spring Semester
Classes: Early April to late July
Exams: late July and early August
Summer Break: early August to September 30
• SPACE Application Form (available at SPACE Website)
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisior
• Official academic transcript
• Language Proficiency Test Results
¤ English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0) or Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1)
(i.e., TOEFL, IELTS or Japanese Language Proficiency Test score sheets). Applicants for SPACE-E: You must submit your score sheet of TOEFL or IELTS Applicants for SPACE-J: You must submit JLPT score sheets or the results of the Japanese language section of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU). If you use the result of the Japanese Language Section of EJU, please contact Center for Promotion of International Exchange, Saga University.
• Letter of Enrolment from faculty
• Application for Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence (available at SPACE Website)
• Certificate of Health (available at SPACE Website)
• A bank statement of funds available for supporting the Applicant’s study abroad
• Passport-size Photo (5 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Colored Copy of passport
• Portfolio (only applicable to students in Art and Design major) Up to ten images/photos of your work. If you include moving images, submit CD-ROM (format should be supported by Windows Media Player or Quick Time Play
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (Addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
• Curriculum Vitae
For more information please check: http://www.irdc.saga-u.ac.jp/en/interest/space.html
Or download the PDF file: http://www.irdc.saga-u.ac.jp/en/interest/file/space2016-2017.pdf
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue register to Saga University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Saga University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than November 21, 2016.