[Scholarship is offered for this program]
It is a special program designed for international students from affiliated universities around the world. It offers a unique curriculum of Japanese language classes and courses in the students’ major in English and Japanese. Participating student deepen their knowledge and understanding not only of their major field study, but also of Japanese society and people, through academic work and meaningful interactions with Japanese students and local people.
Saga Prefecture is in northwest Kyushu. Since ancient times, people in Saga have been enjoying exchanges of people, ideas, technologies and goods with China, Korea, and Southeast Asia because of this geographical advantage.
Types of academic program:
SPACE-J: Students register in regular courses taught in Japanese. Both undergraduate and graduate students can participate. We recommend that you choose SPACE-J if you already have high Japanese language proficiency and have passed the Level 2 or higher JLPT.
- 2017 Fall Semester
From October 1st to March 31st
- SPACE Application Form (available at SPACE Website)
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Nomination (*addresed to Head of OIA UGM)
- Academic Transcripts: issued by the student’s home institution
- (Language Proficiency test results (i.e., TOEFL, IELTS or Japanese Language Proficiency Test score sheets). Applicants for SPACE-E: You must submit your score sheet of TOEFL or IELTS Applicants for SPACE-J: You must submit JLPT score sheets or the results of the Japanese language section of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU). If you use the result of the Japanese Language Section of EJU, please contact Center for Promotion of International Exchange, Saga University.
- 1 copy of the Certificate of Enrollment at the Home Institution: issued by the student’s home institution
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence (available at SPACE Website)
- Certificate of Health (available at SPACE Website)
- A bank statement of funds available for supporting the Applicant’s study abroad
- 5 identical photographs: head and shoulders, plain background, 4cm x 3cm
- A copy of your passport
- Portfolio (only applicable to students in Art and Design major) Up to ten images/photos of your work. If you include moving images, submit CD-ROM (format should be supported by Windows Media Player or Quick Time Play
For more information please check: http://www.irdc.saga-u.ac.jp/en/interest/space.html
Or download the PDF file: http://www.irdc.saga-u.ac.jp/en/interest/file/space2017-2018.pdf
Please send 2 copies of all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than February 22, 2017.