[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Ritsumeikan University’s “International PBL Program in ASEAN Countries” is an education program focusing on “international problem/project-based learning” which looks to provide necessary “multi-dimensional thinking skills” (technical thinking, business thinking, system design thinking) by accepting students from a variety of countries and regions to work collectively to solve policy and social issues such as Asian welfare, urban planning and development which ASEAN countries have been facing.
This program has been created on the basis of academic collaboration with partner institutions and Ritsumeikan University as one of the “FY2013 Inter-University Exchange Project” by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to promote student exchange with partner institutions in ASEAN Countries under AIMS program (ASEAN International Mobility for Students program).
For further information, please go to: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/international/aims/eng/
Information Sheet: 7 Information Sheet 2017-18_RU_PBL
・Period of exchange: 1 semester or 2 semesters (AY2018 Spring or Spring/Fall)
・Term dates for the academic year: Spring (April 1 – July 31), Fall (September 26 –January 31)
・Faculty available for incoming international students: College of Policy Science (Osaka-Ibaraki Campus), College of International Relations (Kyoto Kinugasa Campus). The students who belong to College of Policy Science can also take courses at College of Business Administration.
・Example of courses offered (AY2017): International PBL Seminar 1, Sustainable Urban Policy II, Strategic Marketing, Cross-Cultural Management Research, International Industries (Osaka-Ibaraki Campus), Global Simulation Gaming, Japanese Society, Japanese Politics, Geography of Japan and Kyoto, Asia Pacific Relations, Theme Studies (Managing CSR), Media in World Politics (Kyoto Kinugasa Campus)
・Language of Instruction: English
・Housing option: off campus dormitory or apartments (Osaka-Ibaraki Campus), off campus dormitory (Kyoto Kinugasa Campus)
Application Guideline: 1 PBL Application Guideline 2018Spring
• Application Form 2 PBL_app_form
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Certificate of Health 3 Medical Information & Certificate üi201708Rev)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Ritsumeikan University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Ritsumeikan University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 16, 2017.