[This program is self-funded]
The Graduate School of Business (GSB) at Osaka City University will establish the Asian Business Research Program in master’s course beginning in April 2018 with the aim of conducting education and research for economics and business in Asia. This program is designed to nurture human resources who will work in Asian business and develop international education and research objectives of the GSB. For details, please see the outline of the program.
To develop this Asian business research program, GSB will accept international students with various cultural backgrounds from Asian countries. For this purpose, GSB is implementing admission based on recommendations of students from universities in Asia that have signed international academic exchange agreements with Osaka City University or the Graduate School of Business.
We are looking forward to accepting international students who are motivated to learn in the GSB’s Asian Business Research Program and who are demonstrated excellence in Japanese and academics.
For further information please visit: http://www.bus.osaka-cu.ac.jp/en/, or e-mail email@example.com (in Japanese or English)
Recommended international students shall satisfy all of the following conditions:
- Students who wish to enroll in Asian Business Research Program and can commit to admission to the GSB must first pass the entrance examinaton for international students.
- Students who attend the university as undergraduate students as of the end of February 2018 must be scheduled to graduate by the end of July of the same year.
- Students must meet the eligibility requirement of earning a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of graduation.
- Students must have Japanese language ability to understand the GSB lectures in Japanese and the ability to read and write Japanese papers. It is desirable that each student reach the N1 level on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
The GSB selects students according a two-step process:
- Primary Selection : Selection of research students in the GSB
Although research students are not regular students of the Asia Business Research Program, they can use university facilities (libraries, etc.) and are instructed by teachers. Since the GSB will select research students based on submitted documents, applicants do not need to come to Japan.
- Secondary Selection : Selection of graduate students in the GSB’s Asia Business Research Program
GSB will conduct an entrance examination for recommended international students in mid-February 2019. Applicants must be students attending as research students in the Asian Business Research Program. We will notify applicants regarding the outline of the examination as follows. For more information, please see the guidance document to be distributed to research students in November 2018.
Primary and secondary selections are carried out at different times, and applicants must submit different documents for each selection period.
October 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019
- For research students
- Entrance Examination Fee : 9,800￥
- Admission Fee : 102,600 ￥
- Tuition Fee (for half a year) : 178,200 ￥
Since bank account information is provided to the applicant by e-mail, the applicant should inquire about the bank account by e-mail after April 1, 2018. Please be sure to remit the total amount (13,800 ￥) of the examinaton fee (9,800￥) and foreign exchange fee (4,000￥) in yen. If remittance is made by currency other than yen, we will not accept the application, so please be careful.
- For graduate students
Though it is subject to change, the current fees are as follows :
- Admission Fee : 382,000 ￥
- Tuition Fee : 535,800 ￥(year)
- Entrance Examination Fee : 30,000￥
There may be an opportunity for international graduate enrollments to incur reductions or exemptions in tuition fees. Please contact the GSB Student Support Center during the entrance procedure for details.
- Application document for admission
- Recommendation Letter written by the university president or faculty (department) dean, according to your current attendance. The recommendation letter should specifically address your ability to succeed in your proposed academic program and discuss any experience that might have prepared you to succeed in the desired program. The letter must be written in Japanese or English in any format and sent as a sealed enclosure.
- Research plan stated in Japanese
- Certificate of graduation (or prospective graduation) that is an original document (not a copy) issued by the university that bears the actual signature of the registrar and the seal of the issuing university
- Original transcript from the undergraduate department (not a copy)
- Certificate of GPA
- Health certificate issued by a public medical institution
- Copy of the receipt for remitted money (13,800 ￥) for the entrance examination fee (9,800￥) and foreign exchange fee (4,000￥)
- Japanese proficiency certificate in any format (Applicants who took the Japanese Language Aptitude Test should submit copies of the results)
- Copy of your passport
- Letter of Financial Support
*The required forms are available at Office of International Affairs, UGM
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Osaka City University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Osaka City University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 17, 2017.