[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Name of Event
International Summer Course “Advanced Marine Biology” in Sugashima Marine Biological Laboratory, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University.
Date & Venue
July 13th – 17th 2018 (5 Days) at Sugashima Marine Biological Laboratory
Original event description can be accessed in this link: http://www.bio.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~SugashimaMBL/index-en.html
This program eligible for UGM student in the field of marine biology or related (open for S1/undergraduate and S2/master students)
MEXT (Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology), Japan
Scholarship Offered for UGM Students
- Scholarship from Nagoya University will cover:
- Accommodation fee before or after staying at Sugashima
- Roundtrip airplane ticket from Indonesia to Japan and vice versa
- Transportation between Nagoya airport and Sugashima
- Students need to pay 10,000 JPY (approx. Rp 1.300.000,-) for accommodation, meals and cleaning fee at Sugashima
- Students need to cover the fees for their own VISA during their stay in Japan
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) with photograph.
- Motivation Letter
- Essay on why do you want to join the summer school and what do you expect to gain from this summer school
- Copy of official academic transcript
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Recommendation letter from faculty and or from supervisor
- Copy of passport
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
Number of Scholarship
The scholarship will be given to 3-4 selected excellent students from UGM
Trained students will become good teachers or researchers in the field of biology, including marine biology, under the influence of the educational program (Summer Course)
- Fill the application form at http://bit.ly/SugashimaApplication2018
- Submit the documents (2 copies) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review and email the scanned documents or pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue the interview selection in Faculty of Biology UGM (announced later).
- FINAL decision will be made from Nagoya University and announced by OIA UGM.
Matin Nuhamunada, M.Sc. (email@example.com)
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 15, 2018.