[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Applicant must be a current student or alumnus of a university which concluded an “Inter-University Exchange Agreement” and a “Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange” with Hokkaido University. Students who are already enrolled at Hokkaido University cannot apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be self-supporting and without other scholarships or fellowships at the time of enrollment.
Special Grant Program for International Students Participating graduate schools:
- Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate School of Environmental Science
- Graduate School of Chemical Sciences and Engineering
Applicants must be applying to a doctoral course with one of the graduate school listed above. The recipient of this grant will be a student who shows potential to contribute to their field of research on an international level. These recipients have their tuition fees waved in exchange for working as a Research Assistant. This experience is highly valuable for the researcher and their research.
The application process for this scholarship is conducted by each graduate school. Please note that not all graduate schools participate in this program – please refer to the list above.
• Application Form Form1
• Study plan
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Hokkaido University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Hokkaido University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than December 22, 2017.