[Scholarship is offered for this program]
MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japanese Government) offers scholarships to international students who will study in the Graduate Programs at Japanese universities, upon receiving recommendations from Japanese host universities. The International Center at Chuo University will nominate to MEXT applicants who will come to study in the Graduate Program of Chuo University in September 2017 as non-degree students (Senkasei or Kenkyusei)*:
*Kenkyusei (full-time non-degree research student)
*Senkasei (full-time non-degree student)
Program Brochure: 2017mext-scholarship-information
List of Graduate Schools: http://global.chuo-u.ac.jp/english/academics/graduate/
Academic Researcher Database: http://ir.c.chuo-u.ac.jp/researcher/index.html
Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1982.
Applicants must have graduated from the undergraduate program of a university/college or the equivalent.
Applicants must have minimum GPA 2.30/3.0 or higher to be able to be eligible for MEXT applicant.
¥143,000 per month (this is an actual amount in 2016)
The grantee of this scholarship will be exempted from the tuition fee of Chuo University.
Round-trip economy class air ticket from home institution.
1) Nomination List
2) Recommendation Letter
3) The letter should be attention of Professor Shozaburo Sakai, president of Chuo University from the President, Vice-President or Dean of the graduate school of the student’s home institution
4) Chuo Application
5) Application for Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship with photograph (6 x 4) （4 pages）*Should be submitted “Double side printing” （両面印刷）.
6) Field of Study and Study Program
7) Birth Certificate, Certificate of Family Register, or Certificate mentioned about your citizenship
8) Transcript of Academic Record (this academic record must be written GPA points) of student’s undergraduate and graduate school.
9) Certificate of Graduation/completion of the university and/or graduate school attended, Certificate of Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate Degree(s), or a photocopy of the University Diploma, etc.
10) Certificate or other materials which prove that student’s academic performance is distinctly excellent, such as GPA points information, student’s academic ranking in the student’s home institution etc.
11) Summary of the thesis (Graduation thesis, etc.)
12) Photocopy of the certificate that shows Japanese/English language ability
Application Package can be download here: 2017mext-scholarship-information-chuo-u
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chuo University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chuo University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than December 13, 2016.