[This program is self-funded]
Chuo University takes an active part in a wide range of programs encouraging the exchange of students and researchers with education and research institutions in other countries. It presently has partnership agreements with over 110 institutions. The International Center, established in 1981 to promote international exchange, supports and funds international exchange activities carried out by faculties, graduate schools, and research institutes.
For further information, please go to: http://global.chuo-u.ac.jp/english/admissions/exchange/semester-or-full-year/
September – December 2017
Please note that most of the courses are taught in Japanese at Chuo University. Even though, tehre are at present no specific requirements for Japanese language proficiency for non-dgree students. Also, we offer some courses taught in English and other foreign language are offered at the Faculty of Law, Letters and Policy Studies shown in the below list. (Please be reminded that the Faculty of Science and Engineering don’t have courses offered in English, students who wish to study at the Facuty of Science and Engineering is required to have at leaset JLPT N3 level.)
< Courses offered in English >
Please be noted that the courses for new academic year will be fixed by the end of March.
・ 2016-2017 Undergraduate courses syllabus 〔1〕 (5.94MB)
・ 2016-2017 Undergraduate courses syllabus 〔2〕(5.45MB)
・ 2016-2017 Undergraduate courses syllabus 〔3〕(4.94MB)
・ 2016-2017 Undergraduate courses offered in English(by discipline) (510KB)
< Course Catalog for degree students >
Below is the courses for degree students, which are mostly offered in Japanese.
Exchange students are able to take courses, too.
・ Faculty of Law 2016/2017 (144KB)
・[A] Check List (27KB)
・[B] Application Form for Admission (70KB)
・[C] Study Plan (18KB)
・[D] Certificate of Japanese Language Proficiency (38KB)
・[E] Certificate of Health (1064KB)
・[F] Documents for Eligibility and Financial information (59KB)
・[G] (Graduate program only) Academic Reference (37KB)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chuo Universityas for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chuo University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 7, 2017.