[Scholarship offered for this program]
Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), in partnership with Chiba University and ASEAN University Network (AUN), is going to organise the Spring School Programme: “Walking along the Path of Japan’s Modern History, Culture & Heritage, and Contemporary Society”, from 13 – 23 March 2017 in Japan. The programme offers ASEAN students a unique opportunity to study and expose to Japan’s modernisation, its history, culture, heritage, as well as the development of the society specifically through a wide range of corporations and industries.
Program Brochure: https://simpan.ugm.ac.id/s/1fb6jxJmqBpwSU0
18 – 23 March 2017
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) offers each participant JPY 80,000 as scholarship to cover local expenses in Japan and the spring school tuition fees are waived under AUN – SUN/SixERS agreement.
Out of JPY 80,000, as much as JPY 40,000 is subtracted for:
– Local accommodation (13 – 22 March 2017, total 10 nights), including breakfast
– Airport pickup from Narita International Airport
– Welcome and farewell receptions
– Train transportation (bus expenses waived)
– Entrance fees
It follows that remaining JPY 40,000 (minimum) is available as stipend for individual participant’ all lunches and dinners (except for welcome and farewell receptions), expenses for one free day (March 18, apart from breakfast), individual transportation expense back to the airport on March 23.
The scholarship is NOT covered:
– Round-trip air ticket (to and from Narita International Airport, Japan)
– Visa processing fee
– Travel insurance
– Medical checkup before departure to Japan
– Personal expenses
• Application Form https://simpan.ugm.ac.id/s/DvMQmFUi3AiHkK8
• Parental Consent Form https://simpan.ugm.ac.id/s/OkyW7sSZGK46lSx
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
*) Before you collect the aforementioned document to OIA, the required documents below must be saved in a soft copy and compiled in one zip file folder with the following naming format:
1) Completed Application Form with photo (SS2017-AppForm-Name Last name)
2) Scanned copy of Parental Consent Form (SS2017-ConForm-Name Last name)
3) Scanned copy of transcript of records (SS2017-Transcript-Name Last name)
4) Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages sent in PDF file) (SS2017-CV-Name Last name)
5) Scanned copy of passport which is valid for 6 months during the time of traveling (SS2017-PP-Name Last name)
**The required documents must be saved in a soft copy and compiled in one zip file folder with the following naming format (SS2017-University-Name Last Name).
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chiba University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chiba University
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 20, 2017.