The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE). The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
These Scholarships are offered only for study/research projects at higher education Institutions within the Italian State Education and Research system (State Institutions and research centers, or legally recognized by the competent State authority). The list of these Institutions is on the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) webpage: http://www.istruzione.it/web/universita/home
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation also offers Scholarships to foreign students for so-called “Special Projects” (please check the dedicated section at the following address: http://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/stranieri/opportunita/borsestudio_stranieri.html)
SCHOLARSHIP DURATION AND TIME FRAME
The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months.
Only for Courses for teachers of Italian language the scholarship duration is one month.
Time frame October 1st 2016 – September 30th 2017 for:
• Undergraduate University courses (Laurea Triennale – 1° ciclo e a ciclo unico). RENEWALS ONLY
• Postgraduate University courses (Master of Science/Laurea Magistrale – 2° ciclo)
• Ph.D. Courses.
• Specialisation Schools (Scuole di Specializzazione)
• Courses of Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance (AFAM), Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR), and Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
Time frame January 1st 2017 – September 30th 2017 for:
• Master’s Degree courses (Levels I or II)
• Research under academic supervision (Progetti di Studio in Co-tutela)
• Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture (ONLY THREE MONTHS DURATION).
• Courses for Teachers of Italian as second language (ONLY ONE MONTH DURATION):
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Official Academic Transcript
• Italian proficiency certificate
• English proficiency certificate (Toefl or IELTS)
• Student Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of recommendation from faculty and or supervisior
*** Please send all documents above to Office of International Affairs at Bulaksumur F- 13 no later than April 12th, 2016.
How to apply:
1) Applicants have to be firstly nominated by Office of International Affairs, UGM
2) Then, All applicants may continue to fill in the on-line application form at >>> Borse on Line
Brochure >>>> Public Announcement (2016-17)